Certification failed because of inappropriate advertising and Windows App Certification Kit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

An app I submitted just failed certification because of 2 reasons:

1. "The ads in this app did not appear to be age appropriate for the age rating of the app to our reviewers"

I used the 3+ years rating and am using Microsoft Advertising pubCenter to display ads. I can't find a setting in the pubCenter for age appropriateness. What age rating do I have to give my app to be able to display ads from Microsoft Advertising pubCenter?

2. "This app failed performance test in the Windows App Certification Kit. The Performance Analyzer for HTML5 Apps ..."

First of all it is a C#/XAML app so the comment of the tester wrt HTML5 Apps Performance Analyzer is not really helpful. I also ran the Windows App Certification Kit and passed and the Technical compliance step passed as well. So I am really curious what the tester did to have it fail.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Markus

Friday, October 12, 2012 3:18 PM

All replies

• Markus,

Using 3+ age rating means a 3 year old can open your app and intuitively know what to do. This should not be the selected unless your app is targeted at this age group. 

As for the performance test failure, did you read the notes provided by the tester at the bottom of the report?

You should also consult this guide: Resolving certification errors

If you still need guidance, contacting developer support would be the best way to receive assistance since they will be able to see the report.

-Eric

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Change the apps Age rating to 12+, certification can also fail if the ads displayed are not appropriate.

http://leeontech.wordpress.com/

Saturday, December 1, 2012 12:29 PM
  • For #1:

If your App is indeed for 3+ years audience, you can select "Kids" in the tier 2 Categories in Tier 1 Games or Books & Reference.

Our app TrekStir Lite Children's Book is targeted for 3+ and it passed certification with Kids category selected.

Check out our windows phone app - Trekstir Lite Children's Books - with unique and original stories.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Can some one please tell me how get the age certification for an windows 8 application. As I am getting an error saying "Manifest is referencing a file which is not in the payload" when trying to run the application after adding the dll and specifying the name of the dll in the manifest as specified in the below link  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/apps/hh465153.aspx

I am also confused if the name to be specified has to be the name of the DLL followed by the .dll extension of it has to a .Gdf file. Please provide some more information on this.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:07 PM