none
Set InitialDirectory when exporting a Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Is there a possibility to set the InitialDirectory property of the FileSaveDialog opened from the ReportViewer when exporting a report?

I can't find a property on the ReportViewer control. Even setting the Environment.CurrentDirectory does not help.
    I work with ServerReports on SSRS 2008 and the ReportViewer control from VS2008.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Well, to solve your purpose, I could think of 2 suggestions for you.

1. If you want to have a separate button for Save or Save As rather than ReportViewer's own button, then you can set the Initial Directory.

2. If you are saving as PDF format, you try the other way to do so by clicking on the Print button of the ReportViewer and choosing Adobe PDF as  
        printer. And, then saving it as a PDF File. If you choose this way, you can again choose Preferences button on the Print Dialog box that opens up 
        and set the Default Folder there. This would be one time job and a default folder would be set by the user.

If the above suggestions seem to go with your requirement, you can try any one of them.
    Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:24 AM