Can't create a visual studio 2005 C++ win32 Smartphone project RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get started learning how to develop windows mobile 6.1 apps.  I've read the getting started page and watched the video and I believe I've followed all the steps to get started.  I have visual studio 2005 professional edition, I've downloaded and installed the professional and standard SDKs, I've downloaded and installed active sync (I'm running XP), and I've downloaded and installed the SP.  I develop in a VM so I'm not sure if that would create any problems.

Anyways, I open visual studio and select new project, visual C++, smart device, win32 smart device project and give it a name.  Then I press ok and visual studio makes a pop up noise and goes back to the new project window.  To see if I set up everything correctly I tried creating a C# windows mobile application by following the video tutorial I was using which is at url http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/b/d/5bd37e8e-9d87-4708-8da8-62c68518a492/gettingstarted_windowsmobile6.wmv and it worked just like on the video.

Also, I can create an run visual C++ windows console apps without any problems so I do not understand why the visual C++ win32 smart device project will not create.  If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Monday, April 27, 2009 1:56 PM

Answers

All replies