none
No 'Microsoft.Office' classes in VB.NET in Visual Studio Express 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I have a problem. I am writing an app that sends emails using Outlook. I have Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business and Visual Studio Express 2012. When I try to add the line 'Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook' at the top of my code, VS can't even find the 'Office' class. I have tried the following:

- Restarted the machine

- Installed the Office 2010 PIARedist and restarted VS

- Restarted the machine again

- Uninstalled and re-installed Office 2010 (making absolutely sure that the relevant features were installed by doing a cusom installation - they were already selected by default) and restarted the machine again

After each of these steps, the classes were still not available in VS. This seems to be an absolutely ridiculous situation to me. I appreciate your help, I really need this to work.

P.S. I have already tested and successfully sent emails using the line 'Dim msg As Object = CreateObject("Outlook.Application").CreateItem(0)' to initialize the message object. The only reason I need the PIA class is because I need to add a CC to the emails. If anyone knows a way to do this without using the PIA class please let me know.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:43 PM

Answers

All replies