none
.Netframework 3.5.1 on windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir, I am using Windows 7 professional 64 bit on my dell laptop. Last week I accidentally deleted few files from the control panel which included .netframework related files. Now I am not able to use my cd dvd drive. Drive does not recognize any cd other than windows installation cd supplied by dell with original purchase. Even I cannot download any bios or other drivers from dell official website. I have tried to download .netframework 3.5 but iit does not get downloaded. It ends by displaying msg that go to Turn windows feature on or off from control panel. If I do so and check the box in front of .Netframework 3.5.1 then also it does not get visible on add or remove progrram menu on control panel. And even I am not able to download the firefox add on for .netframework 3.5. It shows that primary software is not installed. Please help me to regain my previous settings without altogether reinstalling the whole OS. Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Kaushiik,

As  far as I know the cd/dvd drivers has nothing to do with .NET framework,  go to control panel and  click Turn windows features on/off insert your windows installation dvd, and click ok. So it will install .NET if necessary.

Thanks for your post,

Reply if success.

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, May 5, 2010 2:19 AM
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:01 AM
  • Hi Kaushiik,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, it seems that you want to repair .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 on your Windows 7.

For Windows 7, .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 is shipped with it as one of OS component.
    For .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1, it includes .NET 2.0 with SP2 and .NET 3.0 with SP2 as prerequisite.
    This means, you have the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes on Windows 7. They are OS components. We need to repair it with OS.

To repair .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 on Windows 7, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in the following blog:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx (also apply to Windows 7)

Or you can try to repair OS. Here is a KB about this, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, April 30, 2010 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Kaushiik,

As  far as I know the cd/dvd drivers has nothing to do with .NET framework,  go to control panel and  click Turn windows features on/off insert your windows installation dvd, and click ok. So it will install .NET if necessary.

Thanks for your post,

Reply if success.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:01 AM
  • Hi Kaushiik,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, it seems that you want to repair .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 on your Windows 7.

For Windows 7, .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 is shipped with it as one of OS component.
    For .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1, it includes .NET 2.0 with SP2 and .NET 3.0 with SP2 as prerequisite.
    This means, you have the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes on Windows 7. They are OS components. We need to repair it with OS.

To repair .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 on Windows 7, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in the following blog:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx (also apply to Windows 7)

Or you can try to repair OS. Here is a KB about this, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, April 30, 2010 10:45 AM