Select users from OU, and return to a GridView RRS feed

• Question

• User1983264716 posted

Hello,

Im trying to select all the users in a particular OU, and return selected pieces of that data (firstname, lastnight, e-mail address, department, office, phone numbers, exensions) to a GridView for formating, and sorting.  What would be the easiest way to do this?  Im using VWD 2005 Express, and there doesnt seem to be any way to create a LDAP datasource using the built-in controls.

I would also like to make this searchable, but just getting that data would be a huge step forward.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, August 14, 2006 6:37 PM

All replies

• User1354132231 posted
    Welcome to the forums.

This is a common question.  Have you read the Common Patterns (FAQ) posts at the top of this forum?
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:00 AM
  • User-153615472 posted

Hi Ryan

I am having the same problem as teh user above. I am a beginner and  the FAQs for this section and patterns delve in too quickly . By this I mean there are no step by step guides.  this would be very useful  . If i manage to get this i will post up my step by step for it.

Thanks  

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:45 AM
  • User-704965582 posted

Review code to retrieve users on another post http://forums.asp.net/thread/1383994.aspx. The results are put into a DataTable which you can then bind to your GridView.

-brian-

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:22 AM