Unable to setup Subscriber RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm unable to connect to remove server without mention of port number, but when I do that when specifying Subscriber instance I also get an error
    I'm posting both errors in screenshots below, with and without mention of port number.

Could someone please guide me how to achieve this?? I've spent extensive time googling and experimenting, but unsuccessful.

Thanks,
    K

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:19 PM

Answers

• You need to have the browser service running on the subscriber and ensure both ports 1434 and 1433 are open for inbound communication.
    • Marked as answer by KhurramKZ Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:24 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 1:29 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

can  you create using TSQL.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms146912(v=sql.105).aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165686%28v=sql.105%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:26 PM
  • You need to have the browser service running on the subscriber and ensure both ports 1434 and 1433 are open for inbound communication.
    • Marked as answer by KhurramKZ Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:24 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 1:29 PM
    Answerer
  • You can create a sql client alias in your configuration manager, under the SQL Native Client xx Configuration.

Alias name:    WHATEVER\SQLEXPRESS

Port No:       1433

Protocol:      TCP/IP

Server:        WHATEVER

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Can you do this on your subscriber?

select @@Servername

Is this the same name as the name of the subscriber you are trying to subscribe to?

You might need to do this

sp_dropserver @@ServerName

GO

sp_addserver 'RealServerName', 'local'

GO

and then restart the SQL Express service on the subscriber

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you, browser service was not running.

Subscription has been created but i could not see this under Replication > Local Subscription where I've subscribed at SQL Server Express?? Although I could see this under Publisher server.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:27 PM
  • You should be able to see it under the subscriber. If it is on the publisher but not the subscriber the subscription has not been initialized yet. Run the snapshot and distribution agents.
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, I created the Subscription @ Subscriber and it worked.

Push Replication is working, but I'm getting a a warning when using Pull method and it does not work.I need Pull in my situation. Attaching screenshot below.

Regards

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:07 AM