Drill Thru Report ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have a requirement where I would like to display data in a specific format.

As we can see in attached screenshot, if against a selected row we have multiple Nodes then

- Display Name as "Multiple" (Hyperlink) and sum the values

- Once click on Multiple it should show the breakup.

- I was planning to do drill through report but not able to get around it.

Looking for suggestions.

Regards

Regards Gursethi Blog: http://gursethi.blogspot.com/ ++++ Please mark "Propose As Answer" if my answer helped ++++

Saturday, October 21, 2017 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hi GURSETHl,

According to your description, it seems you would like to adopt the "Drill-Down" instead of "Drill-through", because you mentioned "Once click on Multiple it should show the breakup", it is the action of "Drill down" because once you click on the "Multiple", "Node4","Node5","Node3" will be extended, isn't it? 

If so, there are several steps to achieve it. 

#Step0: The dataset I am using is like: 

#Step1: Insert a table and add a row group, grouped by "Origid". Remember to add a Group Header. Then Hide the original column "Origid" and leave the group column. 

#Step2: In the group header, type "Multiple", then insert two expressions,like 

=sum(Fields!CCYDaily.Value,"Origid")
    =Sum(Fields!CCYYTD.Value,"Origid")

#Step3: click on the group header row, set the row visibility with the exprssion: 

=IIF(count(Fields!Origid.Value,"Origid")>1,false,true)

#Step4: Set the drill-down action. Click the textbox "Nodes" and set textbox properties >> Visibility >> Display can be toggled by this report Item. In my case, the textbox "Multiple" is named as "Textbox35", so I choose Textbox35. 

Do the same settings to the rest of textboxes you want. 

When previewing, we can get result like:

Noted the initial toggled state can be controlled here: 

Best Regards,

Henry 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Visakh16MVP Monday, October 23, 2017 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by GURSETHI Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:02 AM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi GURSETHl,

According to your description, it seems you would like to adopt the "Drill-Down" instead of "Drill-through", because you mentioned "Once click on Multiple it should show the breakup", it is the action of "Drill down" because once you click on the "Multiple", "Node4","Node5","Node3" will be extended, isn't it? 

If so, there are several steps to achieve it. 

#Step0: The dataset I am using is like: 

#Step1: Insert a table and add a row group, grouped by "Origid". Remember to add a Group Header. Then Hide the original column "Origid" and leave the group column. 

#Step2: In the group header, type "Multiple", then insert two expressions,like 

=sum(Fields!CCYDaily.Value,"Origid")
    =Sum(Fields!CCYYTD.Value,"Origid")

#Step3: click on the group header row, set the row visibility with the exprssion: 

=IIF(count(Fields!Origid.Value,"Origid")>1,false,true)

#Step4: Set the drill-down action. Click the textbox "Nodes" and set textbox properties >> Visibility >> Display can be toggled by this report Item. In my case, the textbox "Multiple" is named as "Textbox35", so I choose Textbox35. 

Do the same settings to the rest of textboxes you want. 

When previewing, we can get result like:

Noted the initial toggled state can be controlled here: 

Best Regards,

Henry 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Visakh16MVP Monday, October 23, 2017 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by GURSETHI Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:02 AM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Hi GURSETHI,

May I know how is your issue going currently? If your issue is solved please mark the appropriate answer as Mark as answer.  This will help other members to find a solution if they face the same issue. If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Henry 

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:19 AM
  • Hi Henry,

Thanks for your guiding me and showcasing with example/screenshots. Further it did worked to a level but when I tried to add more column into it, it starts breaking up. Example:

In above we I did as you said till end but then I moved the values of row to upper row (In line displaying MULTIPLE). This is required as in my original screenshot we can see its displaying other columns as well and and if Nodes are multiple then drill down

Now, when we export this into EXCEL we are getting extra row even if that row is single (not multiple)

Trying to remove those extra rows (where we just have one Node) is becoming a challenge.

Regards

Gurpreet Sethi

Regards Gursethi Blog: http://gursethi.blogspot.com/ ++++ Please mark "Propose As Answer" if my answer helped ++++

Monday, October 30, 2017 8:42 PM