none
ReportViewer control as a Hyperlink RRS feed

• Question

• I need help with making a ReportViewer inside a table act as a hyperlink.

What I have now is a 2x2 table and in each cell, there is a ReportViewer control, each showing a different report. The customer is requesting that they be able to click on the cell/Report and launch a new browser with just the selected report. I have tried adding an 'onclick' event to the table cell and also have tried adding a div and setting the onclick event. What happens is if you click the ReportViewer toolbar, the page opens up as it should. If you click anywhere inside the actual report, nothing happens. The ReportViewer toolbar will be hidden so 'user training' is not an option for us.

Any ideas about how I can make this work?

• Edited by sayseal75 Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:52 PM Additional text regarding removal of reportviewer toolbar.
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:42 PM

Answers

• You are probably not seeing the click in the report area because the report is rendered in an iframe by default.  If you set ReportViewer.AsyncRendering = false, the report will be rendered in the main page, though the entire ASPX page will blocked until report processing completes.
    • Marked as answer by sayseal75 Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:55 PM