WCF DS 6.0.0 Alpha1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

WCF DS 6.0.0 alpha1 is available on nugget as far as I can see this is OData V4 only.

How do we go about trying these alpha bits? You want us to, right?

I can only find 4 assemblies/packages and the names(paces) have changed - I cant seem to find the server bits - is this release client only? If so: are the server bits coming later? Is there an online V4 provider we could play around with? And how about the tooling stuff do we need a new one?

A lot of questions, I know. I am just excited. Looking forward to try it out.

Uffe

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:22 AM

Answers

• You can submit your issue regarding WCF Data Service in both this forum and the team blog.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 1, 2013 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hello Uffe Lauesen,

Welcome to this forum.

>>I can only find 4 assemblies/packages and the names(paces) have changed - I cant seem to find the server bits - is this release client only?

We can see that it has said on the nugget site like below:

So it is yes that this is release client only.

>> If so: are the server bits coming later?

Not sure when the server will come.

If you want to know the real trends regarding WCF Data Service, I recommend you can have a look the WCF Data Service blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astoriateam/

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:47 AM
  • I think you are trying to tell me to be patient and wait for the announcement on the blog?
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Or you can ask whatever you want to know regarding the WCF Data Service as the next plan and so on directly on the blog.

I think the team members will be glad to get back to you.

Regards.

Friday, October 25, 2013 5:41 AM
  • Now how would I submit questions to the team blog, isn't this what this forum is for?
    Friday, November 1, 2013 8:04 AM
  • You can submit your issue regarding WCF Data Service in both this forum and the team blog.

Friday, November 1, 2013 8:27 AM