none
Question about the Developer Account RRS feed

• Question

• 1. How do I get a registration code.

2. Do I need to have a home in Singapore ? or do I only need to have a bank account in Singapore but it is also OK if my house is in Indonesia.

3. I want to sign up as an individual but I am stuck on "Price" because they asked for a registration code, how do I get this registration code ?

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hey Raymond,

It depends on if the account is being setup as an individual or business and the way you are setup with your tax information.
    Note the information below:
    "When filing a W-8BEN, you are subject to additional tax withholding on your app proceeds sold in the United States. (This does not apply to sales you make in any country outside the United States.) In many cases, though, you can probably take advantage of a tax treaty to reduce or, in some cases, eliminate those withholdings. The type of rate you can qualify for depends on the country you or your organization resides in. Instead of having to page through lists of international tax treaty documents, we auto-populate all the tax treaty information you’ll need when you select your residency country."
    Windows Store for developers - Getting paid from the Windows Store 

If you would like further clarification on your unique scenario, please go to our support site and open a service request.

Steven

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Monday, September 17, 2012 7:22 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 4:15 PM

All replies

• And I have read the documentation, not clear for me. Please answer my questions, that would be great.
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

for question #1 and #3: You can get a registration token if you attend an official Windows 8 Camp or if you pass an App Excellence Lab. With that you will get free access to the store for two years. For now it's the only way to signup for the store as an individual.

For your second question I don't have an answer.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:36 PM
  • Hi Raymond,

For question #2 the best practice is to have all your information based from the location you begin your registration.

Thanks-

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 6:27 PM
  • "The Windows Store is currently open to company accounts, and individual accounts that have a registration code. If you're an individual and you don't have a registration code, you'll be able to register when the Windows Store opens for general registration"

I want to get this registration code without going to dev camps, how do I get it ? I hope someone that knows the answer would please share.

And also, I currently live in Indonesia but have a bank account in Singapore (used to live there, but I moved for business). Can I get a registration code ? And lastly, and this is kinda bothering to me, how to I get this "get all my information based from the location I begin my registration" ?  I don't understand ?

And it is said "if you do not have registration code, I will be able to register when the store opens for general registration"...... when ? and can I join ? ( I have bank account in Singapore, and house in Indonesia).....

Can some Microsoft employee please share the answer ? I don't think I want to spend hours reading. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:36 AM
  • Hello Raymond,

It is great that you are interested in becoming a Windows 8 Store Developer. Currently, you will have to attend one of the Dev Camps in order to receive a token for individual registration. The schedule for the camps can be found here. You cannot get this registration code as an individual without attending one of the camps.

You also have the option to sign up as a company if you have already established a company in your country of residence. The following blog is where they will announce when individuals can sign up. There will be an announcement when registration is open for individuals. I hope this helps but please let us know if anything is unclear.

Thanks,

Jesse

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:48 PM
  • From the posts, it looks like that the company account is open to register and submit the metro style apps. But how can we get thus company account? Thanks.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:02 AM
  • Hey FugersonHall,

Company account registration is open, and can be found by following the link below:
    https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/en-us/Account/Signup/SelectAccountType?wa=wsignin1.0

For more information on the difference between the company and individual account types, please visit the link below:
    Registering for a Windows Store developer account

Hope that helps.

Steven

Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:46 PM
  • Ok thanks for the information I really appreciates it.

But can a Microsoft employee answer question #2 ? because I am still unclear on that. And yes, I already read the documentation of the countries supported. 

Sunday, September 9, 2012 3:38 AM
  • Hey Raymond,

It depends on if the account is being setup as an individual or business and the way you are setup with your tax information.
    Note the information below:
    "When filing a W-8BEN, you are subject to additional tax withholding on your app proceeds sold in the United States. (This does not apply to sales you make in any country outside the United States.) In many cases, though, you can probably take advantage of a tax treaty to reduce or, in some cases, eliminate those withholdings. The type of rate you can qualify for depends on the country you or your organization resides in. Instead of having to page through lists of international tax treaty documents, we auto-populate all the tax treaty information you’ll need when you select your residency country."
    Windows Store for developers - Getting paid from the Windows Store 

If you would like further clarification on your unique scenario, please go to our support site and open a service request.

Steven

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Monday, September 17, 2012 7:22 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 4:15 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net
    Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012 12:10 AM