none
ProtectedViewWindowOpen doesn't occur when a Word document is opened from an Outlook attachment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

To reproduce the issue, build the add-in below and open a Word document attacthed to an Outlook email.

private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                this.Application.ProtectedViewWindowOpen += new Word.ApplicationEvents4_ProtectedViewWindowOpenEventHandler(Application_ProtectedViewWindowOpen);
                this.Application.ProtectedViewWindowActivate += new Word.ApplicationEvents4_ProtectedViewWindowActivateEventHandler(Application_ProtectedViewWindowActivate);
                this.Application.ProtectedViewWindowBeforeEdit += new Word.ApplicationEvents4_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeEditEventHandler(Application_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeEdit);
                this.Application.ProtectedViewWindowBeforeClose += new Word.ApplicationEvents4_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeCloseEventHandler(Application_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeClose);
                this.Application.ProtectedViewWindowDeactivate += new Word.ApplicationEvents4_ProtectedViewWindowDeactivateEventHandler(Application_ProtectedViewWindowDeactivate);
                this.Application.ProtectedViewWindowSize += new Word.ApplicationEvents4_ProtectedViewWindowSizeEventHandler(Application_ProtectedViewWindowSize);
            }

void Application_ProtectedViewWindowSize(Word.ProtectedViewWindow PvWindow)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("!!! Application_ProtectedViewWindowSize");
            }

void Application_ProtectedViewWindowDeactivate(Word.ProtectedViewWindow PvWindow)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("!!! Application_ProtectedViewWindowDeactivate");
            }

void Application_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeClose(Word.ProtectedViewWindow PvWindow, int CloseReason, ref bool Cancel)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("!!! Application_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeClose");
            }

void Application_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeEdit(Word.ProtectedViewWindow PvWindow, ref bool Cancel)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("!!! Application_ProtectedViewWindowBeforeEdit");
            }

void Application_ProtectedViewWindowActivate(Word.ProtectedViewWindow PvWindow)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("!!! Application_ProtectedViewWindowActivate");
            }

void Application_ProtectedViewWindowOpen(Word.ProtectedViewWindow PvWindow)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("!!! Application_ProtectedViewWindowOpen");
            }

private void ThisAddIn_Shutdown(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
            }

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 3),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader
    Monday, December 19, 2011 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrei,

I have also helped submitt the issue to the product team from our internal portal. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Edited by Bruce Song Monday, January 16, 2012 6:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andrei Smolin Monday, January 16, 2012 8:39 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrei,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I can reproduce the issue on my side not only using the document from the outlook attachment but also from the internet.

By the way, what is your testing environment? Mine is Office 2010 32bit and Windows 7 64bit.

You can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback Center in formal format. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously and report to corresponding Product Group.
    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/

In your feedback, you can quote the URL to this thread, so that the whole conversation can be available. Every feedback submitted will be evaluated carefully by our engineers. They will let you know their comments further through that portal. It would be great if you can also paste the link to the submitted feedback here, so that other community members can see it as well.
    Thank you for your valuable feedback again!

Best regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:24 AM
  • Hi Andrei,

I have also helped submitt the issue to the product team from our internal portal. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    • Edited by Bruce Song Monday, January 16, 2012 6:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andrei Smolin Monday, January 16, 2012 8:39 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Thank you, Bruce.

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 3),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader
    Monday, January 16, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

Probably a silly question - but I have to ask :)

Do we have any visibility on when this is going to be fixed.  I have a solution Im developing and Im struggling to find a viable way around this issue.

Grateful for any information.

Many thanks

Anna

Anna

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:04 AM