LightSwitch HTML - selectedItem change event RRS feed

• Question

• I must be missing something simple;

I have a screen with a table, tap event works no problem. I want to know when the user navigates using the keyboard (down/up arrow) to the next/previous item. Basically a selectedItem change event.

I tried $(element).select(function (e) {}) on the post_render of the table and row but it doesn't fire.

Thanks..

Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:25 AM

Answers

• Thanks tried your suggestion but couldn't get it to fire when the down arrow selects the next record.

I ended up just capturing the keydown event and tracking where the user was on the form, focusing the next/previous field.

I'm building a database driven form - the user can set the field names, control type (select, textbox, textarea, etc.), and field type (string, int, etc.).

Working good now.

• Marked as answer by dcagamer Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:30 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try dataBinding on the postRender of your table:

myapp.ScreenName.tableName_postRender = function (element, contentItem) {
        contentItem.dataBind("value.selectedItem", function (selectedItem) {
            //stuff with selectedItem
        });
    };

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:31 PM
  • Thanks tried your suggestion but couldn't get it to fire when the down arrow selects the next record.

I ended up just capturing the keydown event and tracking where the user was on the form, focusing the next/previous field.

I'm building a database driven form - the user can set the field names, control type (select, textbox, textarea, etc.), and field type (string, int, etc.).

Working good now.

• Marked as answer by dcagamer Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:30 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:18 AM