none
Data Factory Pipeline failing

Question

• Hi,

My Copy activity pipeline is failing. Attached error msg below.

My both source and sink linked service are working and also connecting to the applications but when i run the pipeline it is failing because of below reason. Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks

Source: FileSourceSystem

Sink: Azure Data Lake Store

Error Message:

{ "errorCode": "2200", "message": "'Type=System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException,Message=An error occurred while sending the request.,Source=mscorlib,''Type=System.Net.WebException,Message=The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.,Source=System,'", "failureType": "UserError", "target": "Copy1" }

Regards,

Nihar

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:17 AM

Answers

• Does your ADLS have any fire wall rules? Could your machine hosting the selfhosted-IR access your ADLS?

Because the copy will happen on your IR. 

• Marked as answer by Nihar Kanike Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nihar Kanike Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nihar Kanike Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:47 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:30 PM

All replies

• You are getting a 403 which means the credentials which you provided to access data doesn't have enough rights. Please check your access rights to the resource which you are trying to access.
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:28 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. If so my linked service to on-prem service should fail to connect right? And also in the copy activity when i click on preview of source dataset, i could see the data in preview mode. So this means that data factory has read access to the on-prem folder but when i run the pipeline it fails with above mentioned message.

Nihar

Friday, May 18, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Does your ADLS have any fire wall rules? Could your machine hosting the selfhosted-IR access your ADLS?

Because the copy will happen on your IR. 

• Marked as answer by Nihar Kanike Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nihar Kanike Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nihar Kanike Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:47 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:30 PM
  • Thanks. will look into this.

Nihar

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:23 PM
  • FInally worked! few urls were blocking at proxy level in the IR node, not its fixed

Nihar

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:48 PM