none
What are all PSI Web Services and Web methods used to draw Project Center and Resource Availability chart? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm newbie in PSI, want to know what are all PSI Web Services and Web methods used to draw Project Center and Resource Availability charts?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:17 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure what Microsoft have to used to get the data for the two, but you can get same data using Project and Resource WCF service.
    Thanks, Kashif
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:32 PM

• The resource availability is based on ResourceWebService.ReadResourceAvailabilityForGrid, a PSI method that is likely not intended to be reused in different scenario's. With Project Server 2010 a couple of ...ForGrid methods have been introduced in the PSI, methods that are closely related to the way the out of the box pages using a grid are built.

I agree with you, that methods like this one are quite interessting for reporting scenarios, in particular as they do handle time-phased data detailing the availability if you want on a day by day basis. As far as I know there is no way to obtain this information of the 'contour' in any officially supported manner.

Jan Cirpka
    • Proposed as answer by Jan R. Cirpka Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:47 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Jan R. Cirpka & Kashif thank you for the response.

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:26 AM