WPF Control on a Web Application RRS feed

• Question

• User1280267130 posted

Hello,

I have a C#.NET Windows Application (.NET 4.0) that has an WPF control instance of "System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost". Now, i am supposed to convert this windows based application to a ASP.NET Web Application (.NET 4.0).

As the windows application can't be converted/migrated to web directly, i am rewriting the it as a Web App. Here i am not able to find the said control in the tools box with default settings. When setting are modified to show all tools this controls, and this control is visible but it is disabled and cannot be added to the web page/form.

Can anyone please help on this? Any insight on this would be very helpful. Thank you so much.

Monday, May 7, 2018 2:27 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

It's just to host a control. You'll have to see which control was shown inside this "ElementHost" and replace that with some HTML markup. If used at multiple places you have also the same concepts so that you can reuse easily the same "control" (which render HTML markup) at multiple places.

Windows Forms or WPF has nothing to do with how a web UI works so unless you were showing already an HTML view inside your desktop app, you have really to rewrite all the UI part from scratch.

Monday, May 7, 2018 2:49 PM
  • User1280267130 posted

thank you for your help. It helped to look in the right direction.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:07 PM