Report Viewer Control Not Showing on winform RRS feed

• Question

• When I drag the report viewer onto the form it shows up down where the table adapters are.  I tried adding the direct reference to Microsoft.ReportViewer.Design.dll.    I deleted the form and I cannot get the reportview to show up properly.  I also tried to bring the report viewer onto many of my other forms and the same thing happens.

I'm using windows 10 and VS 2019 Community.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:45 PM Winforms related
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Groff,

Maybe you can try "Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms" by following the steps.

1.Run the following command in your VS>>Tools>>NuGet Package Manager>>Package Manager Console: Install-Package Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms -Version 150.900.148

2.Then right-click in Toolbox>>select Choose Items…>>Browse…, select “Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll” from \\yourprojectlocation\packages\Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms. 150.900.148\lib\net40\ folder to add it in Toolbox.

Here is the result,

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Groff Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Groff,

Maybe you can try "Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms" by following the steps.

1.Run the following command in your VS>>Tools>>NuGet Package Manager>>Package Manager Console: Install-Package Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms -Version 150.900.148

2.Then right-click in Toolbox>>select Choose Items…>>Browse…, select “Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll” from \\yourprojectlocation\packages\Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.Winforms. 150.900.148\lib\net40\ folder to add it in Toolbox.

Here is the result,

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Groff Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Thank you for reply Kyle!

It works this way, but now when I execute the application  it crashes when open the report.....

I'm going to reinstall VS2019 again and return later ......

(excuse for my bad english..)

Thanks!

Groff

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:31 PM
  • After reinstall VS 2019 everything is working fine right now!

Thank you very much for help!

Groff

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:41 PM