none
Remove quotes only from numeric values in a string RRS feed

• Question

• How would I remove quotes from just numeric values in a string ?

Eg. : "I am " "84" "Years Old"

wanted result = "I am " 84 "Years Old"

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:23 PM

Answers

• I know how the .Replace function works but how would I tell it to just remove quotes around numbers ? Will just use regex instead....

Yes you would have to use Regex and find quoted strings with the string within the quotes being numeric and isolate on it.

You will probably need to create some kind of string function that will take the string in as an input parm, check it, manipulate the string as needed and send the new string back out as a retuned value.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:11 PM

All replies

• I know how the .Replace function works but how would I tell it to just remove quotes around numbers ? Will just use regex instead....
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:36 PM

Yes you would have to use Regex and find quoted strings with the string within the quotes being numeric and isolate on it.

You will probably need to create some kind of string function that will take the string in as an input parm, check it, manipulate the string as needed and send the new string back out as a retuned value.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:11 PM