none
Can't update license for VS 15 Preview 3

Question

• I received the following message:

Your license is getting stale and must be updated in 7 days. Please, make sure the Internet is connected, then check for an updated license to continue without interruption.

After entering my credentials (Microsoft account), the license won't update.

Moreover, when I want to add account through "Add account...", I get the following message:

We could not add the account email@email.com

user_interaction_required: One of two conditions was encountered: 1. The PromptBehavior.Never flag was passed, but the constraint could not be honored, because user interaction was required. 2. An error occurred during a silent web authentication that prevented the http authentication flow from completing in a short enough time frame.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:56 PM

Answers

• Thanks, but the problem was solved by re-installing Windows.

• Marked as answer by JohnyL Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi JohnL,

Thanks for your post.

I tested it in my side using VS15 Preview. And it works well. I can update the license successfully.

Please restart your machine and close other third party program then try it again.

Also try running your VS15 Preview 3 in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

If above suggestions still no help.  I think there might be something wrong with your VS15 preview. Please repari it then try it agian.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:48 AM
  • I managed to solve the problem with devenv.exe /resetuserdata. Now license is downloaded successfully. But "Add Account" still shows that long error "We could not add the account email@email.com". Any ideas? :)

Sunday, August 7, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi JohnyL,

Thanks for your response.

>>But "Add Account" still shows that long error "We could not add the account email@email.com".

I can't reproduce your issue. May be you could try to do a repair of your VS 15 Preview. If still has the same issue, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to  https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 8, 2016 1:08 AM

• Marked as answer by JohnyL Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:38 PM

I just want to verify.  You had to reinstall the Windows operating systemt to solve this?

WhiskeyRomeoLima

Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:14 AM
  • @WhiskeyRomeoLima

Yes, I tried lots of solutions, but all was in vain.

Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:57 AM