How to set message body tracking of direct binding ports? RRS feed

• Question

• How to set message body tracking of direct binding ports (both Send and receive)?

Because in this case, it can not be done through 'Admin console'. Can it be?

Hello

Monday, July 15, 2013 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Pabitra,

Same settings can be applied on send and receive port for  tracking purpose.

You should be able to track if you have did as stated above, and if you have not deployed your project containing the orchestration , then please build that project and deploy it.

To check  , for Orchestration:

1. Go to the Adminstration console

2. On Group Hub Page, click Tracked service instances,  you will get list of services which are tracked.

3. Right-click on the Orchestration which you have deployed  and select "Show Tracked Message Events"

To check , for Send and Receive port:

2. On Group Hub Page, click Tracked message events

I hope this helps!!!!!! Please mark as Helpful. If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered". It will help to reduce visits to same post as it's already answered and will help guys with same question as yours without even posting it . Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|Team lead/Consultant(EDI/EAI)|iVision Software Pvt Ltd, Pune.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:22 AM

All replies

• You cannot enable Message Body Tracking on specific ports (not referring to Physical Ports), only Services*.

Assuming you still having problems with Orch1 and Orch2, you would have to enable Message Body Tracking on both Orchestrations in BT Admin.

However, please read my response in this thread.

I explain what I think your trying to accomplish and why it may not be helpful :)

*Pipelines are viewed as service classes that have a single Receive and Send Port.

Monday, July 15, 2013 2:30 PM
  • Hi ,

You can set tracking message bodies and message properties of messages which come in and go out of orchestration.

1. Go to Biztalk Administration Console

2. Go to your application -->Orchestration

3. Select the Orchestration on which you want tracking to be enabled.

4. And select what you need(what you want to track).

5. Same settings can be set on the receive port and send Port.

I hope this helps!!!!!! Please mark as Helpful. If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered". It will help to reduce visits to same post as it's already answered and will help guys with same question as yours without even posting it . Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|Team lead/Consultant(EDI/EAI)|iVision Software Pvt Ltd, Pune.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Thanks Mahesh, As I said it is direct binding send and receive port. Let me know how can I track these ports?

Hello

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:25 AM
  • Hi Pabitra,

Same settings can be applied on send and receive port for  tracking purpose.

You should be able to track if you have did as stated above, and if you have not deployed your project containing the orchestration , then please build that project and deploy it.

To check  , for Orchestration:

2. On Group Hub Page, click Tracked service instances,  you will get list of services which are tracked.

3. Right-click on the Orchestration which you have deployed  and select "Show Tracked Message Events"

To check , for Send and Receive port:

2. On Group Hub Page, click Tracked message events

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:22 AM
  • The differences in the binding types are really DEV/UI conveniences only.  Tracking works the same regardless of the binding type.

I take from you're other response you've found that message body tracking isn't what you're really looking for.

Did the tutorial get you anywhere?

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:06 PM
  • Hi Pabitra/Boatseller,

Have composed couple of article based on this thread:

BizTalk Server: Checking Tracked Data Using Admin Console
    BizTalk Server: Tracking Data Using BizTalk Admin Console

I hope this helps!!!!!!

Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|BizTalk Developer Interview Questions and Answers

http://tech-findings.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:42 PM