Copy Jobs Hanging RRS feed

• Question

• I've been testing Azure Data Factory, and have a simple copy pipeline that moves give tables into Azure SQL DB through Azure Blob Storage staging. The jobs have been running fine until last night; the first part completes (tables are moved to Azure Blob Storage) but the copying to Azure SQL DB hangs with no records moved.

I can access and query the Azure SQL DB just fine. Any idea on where to start investigating this issue? Appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Friday, February 1, 2019 3:00 PM

All replies

• I'm experiencing the same issue, and it looks like the copy activity is in Queue indefinitely at this point.

I don't see any Status issues either: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

Thanks,

Mats

Friday, February 1, 2019 3:12 PM
  • I am seeing the exact same phenomenon.  All jobs were running fine yesterday.  Jobs that were taking a minute..are now running for over an hour.  These all involve copy activity moving data from Blob Storage to Azure SQL DB.  I can manually access/download the files from Blob storage.
    Friday, February 1, 2019 4:57 PM
  • My copy activities finally seems to be working again. 

Friday, February 1, 2019 5:47 PM
  • Same here!
    Friday, February 1, 2019 6:29 PM
  • Yep, mine just now started. Glad I wasn't the only one. :(
    Friday, February 1, 2019 6:39 PM
  • Hey everyone, I confirmed with an Azure support person that they had outages today in multiple regions.  But I believe some of the outages are now resolved - I had pipelines complete that were hung up this morning.
    • Proposed as answer by AzureFrank Friday, February 1, 2019 6:55 PM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 6:40 PM