Update Panel RRS feed

• Question

• User2047628442 posted

Dear All,

I need to create a blog block in my site where it should update continuously. How start with it. 

thanks in advance 

Friday, September 3, 2010 6:30 AM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

I have BlogTable Control how to use it in update panel

Some of your questions are a bit too vague and difficult to answer here.  The best way to use these forums for seeking help is to narrow down to specefic questions or code issues (including posting problematic code) and asking about them.  Simply asking how to do your entire task or project is a little too much for a forum.  You would be better off finding a completed control or application off a blog or tutorial site and going through the code via debugging it to learn how it works.  Also you are not responding directly to some of the suggestions provided, but rather keep re-asking the same questions.  Do you have actual problematic code at this point with the UpdatePanel you do not understand how to use?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 9:59 AM

All replies

• Friday, September 3, 2010 7:19 AM
  • User1992938117 posted

Hi,

You can download source code from below link and can get better idea........

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/releases/view/39387

Thanks..

Friday, September 3, 2010 7:21 AM
  • User-952121411 posted

I need to create a blog block in my site where it should update continuously. How start with it. 

You can use an AJAX Update Panel and an AJAX Timer to  fire on interval to run server side code that will update the contents within the UpdatePanel.  It is probably the most straight forward and quickest option to get you up and running to solve your requirment.  Please watch the following video that uses both a Timer and an Update panel:

[How Do I:] Use the ASP.NET AJAX Timer Control?

http://www.asp.net/ajax/videos/how-do-i-use-the-aspnet-ajax-timer-control

Another approach which is the one I would use if creating the control you are mentioning is to use Silverlight.  You can build a Silverlight control that you can place on your existing ASP.NET page.  The Silverlight control will update seamlessly and independently of the ASP.NET page.  However you need to know Silverlight, and possibly WCF if you need to make calls back to the server to gain advantage of the entire .NET Framework since Silverlight has a lightweight version included.

http://www.silverlight.net/getstarted/

Friday, September 3, 2010 11:10 PM
  • User2047628442 posted

Hi,

I Need to updated one section in my page as a blog .

I have update panel inside i need to put what i.e, (Text Box,Grid view)  please suggest 

I need to get records 7 days before to load in it.

Thanks 

Saturday, September 4, 2010 12:18 AM
  • User1789523204 posted

Collection Control Like
    Repeator 

Saturday, September 4, 2010 12:31 AM
  • User-952121411 posted

I have update panel inside i need to put what i.e, (Text Box,Grid view)  please suggest 

I still think Silverlight and a StackPanel would be the ultimate in looks and functionality for having a control displaying Blog posts on your existing ASP.NET pagre.  If you want to use ASP.NET and AJAX solely though, then the best control would either be an ASP.NET repeater or possibly a GridView depending on exactly which functionality you want.

Sunday, September 5, 2010 11:40 AM
  • User2047628442 posted

I need to fetch 7 days data and show it .  Whenever a new entry is found in the database i need to update it.

I my web page how do i do it i need update panel inside which control i have to use to update it regularly  .

Monday, September 6, 2010 1:11 AM
  • User1992938117 posted

I need to fetch 7 days data and show it .  Whenever a new entry is found in the database i need to update it.

Update it means?

you need to fetch that data which is less than 7 days.

so for that use sql query as

http://forums.asp.net/t/1038883.aspx

Thanks...

Monday, September 6, 2010 1:35 AM
  • User2047628442 posted

Monday, September 6, 2010 8:52 AM
  • User-952121411 posted

Some of your questions are a bit too vague and difficult to answer here.  The best way to use these forums for seeking help is to narrow down to specefic questions or code issues (including posting problematic code) and asking about them.  Simply asking how to do your entire task or project is a little too much for a forum.  You would be better off finding a completed control or application off a blog or tutorial site and going through the code via debugging it to learn how it works.  Also you are not responding directly to some of the suggestions provided, but rather keep re-asking the same questions.  Do you have actual problematic code at this point with the UpdatePanel you do not understand how to use?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 6, 2010 9:59 AM
  • User2047628442 posted

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:13 AM