none
False Requests? Seeing lots of table API requests but no tables defined

Question

• I just setup our application for blob storage. We haven't officially turned it on yet so it's still has very low request volume. However, when I go to the Azure dashboard I'm seeing under my TotalRequests graph 500+ Table requests per hour! I have no tables defined and I can't figure out where these are coming from. We don't want to be charged for tons of invalid requests, any clue as to what this is or how I might track it down?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi, the metrics for your storage account are stored in a table within your account. The transactions required to populate the rows of this table are billable. This may explain the traffic you are seeing. Please see Storage Analytics and Billing for more info.

To see detailed information on the actual requests to your storage account, you can enable Storage Analytics Logging. This will allow you to check which operations are being performed on tables in your account to confirm that they are expected.

• Marked as answer by gbronzer2 Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:15 PM
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

We have involved PG team to look into this. We would write back on any update from them.

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 11:05 AM
  • Hi, the metrics for your storage account are stored in a table within your account. The transactions required to populate the rows of this table are billable. This may explain the traffic you are seeing. Please see Storage Analytics and Billing for more info.

To see detailed information on the actual requests to your storage account, you can enable Storage Analytics Logging. This will allow you to check which operations are being performed on tables in your account to confirm that they are expected.

• Marked as answer by gbronzer2 Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:15 PM
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:40 PM
  • I turned on the logging for table and you're correct. It's all calls to logging metrics. I was unaware you are charged for the metrics. That wasn't really stated up front anywhere. At least that solves the mystery.
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:15 PM