can not locate resource in Blend 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am experiencing strange behavior in Blend 4. I have developed a prototype in Blend 4 by using WPF and Infragistic controls. When I am opening the same project file to in some other machne. It is allowing me to see and run the application however not allowing me to edit any thing, means even if I am editing some existing file say label in it, it is not reflecting the change while running.

Also I am able to create the new file(Window.xaml) however when I am running this new file as a startup file it is saying that 'can not locate the resource'.

I am not getting what is the problem as both the machine have Blend 4+ Sketch Flow only.

Can some one please help.

Thanks,

Ashish

Monday, August 1, 2011 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply however my issue is different.VS in not in the picture as its just a prototype creation.

The only issue is when I am sending the project file to some other machine where the same Blend 4 version is installed that person is able to run the file however when he is trying to edit some file like label or anything in Blend, he is able to view what he is editing in the design view however he is not able to see the change when he run the application.

Is it something Blend 4 is running the old instance and not taking the changes or is it something related to different version ,dll problem or license.

Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Marked as answer by ashishkt Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:10 PM

All replies

• Noticed lack of response and figured I'd give it a long shot... firstly, I have found Infragistics controls heftily buggy, and also, editing an existing style of any infragistics component seems seriously nested... and as I'm sure you've noticed, the more nested elements, the slower the control behaves, but I digress.

Question is, are you running within the same project, or are you styling an external assembly project? Switching between VS and Blend sometimes I found that it re-references my assemblies, and during or after build, changes are not reflected in the project referencing the assembly. If this is the case, the only think I can say is to always build your source from VS instead of blend... When switching back to Blend, it should hang for a short period whilst it's rendering the newly built changes. Like I said.... a long shot!

Monday, August 1, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply however my issue is different.VS in not in the picture as its just a prototype creation.

The only issue is when I am sending the project file to some other machine where the same Blend 4 version is installed that person is able to run the file however when he is trying to edit some file like label or anything in Blend, he is able to view what he is editing in the design view however he is not able to see the change when he run the application.

Is it something Blend 4 is running the old instance and not taking the changes or is it something related to different version ,dll problem or license.

Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Marked as answer by ashishkt Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Oh, It was very silly thing. I just need to rebuild the project to take the change in blend which I was not doing.

Sometimes minor thing takes more time....:)

Anyway thanks.

Regards,

Ashish

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:33 PM