FAST Search giving WebPart error; logs indicate WCF service communication error RRS feed

• Question

• [Update]
    I increased the logging level and found this error:
    SQL database login for 'SharePoint_Config' on instance 'ww00010e.oneabbott.com' failed. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.  Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

I have copied most of the install steps I've taken and I don't see that I ever used an anonymous logon . . . any thoughts on this error? Is that an App Pool error?

Thanks!

====Original problem======

I have completed all the required steps for SP2010 and FAST. I am able to confirm that I can crawl content from a web site and find that content from a localhost search on the FAST server. However, my FAST Search Center continues to fail. I've reviewed the configs for the services and read many, many blogs, but I have to resolve my issue.

The ULS provided this error during my web part transaction.

Exception Compiling Dictionaries! Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Common.AdminException: Failed to communicate with the WCF service. ---> System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityAccessDeniedException: Access is denied.    Server stack trace:    
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)   
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)   
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)   
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)   
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)    Exception rethrown
     at [0]:    
     at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)   
     at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Service.PersistedDictionaryService.GetAll()   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.WCFClient.Store.PersistedDictionaryCollectionImpl.<GetEnumerator>b__0()   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Common.ServiceClientExceptionHandlingInterceptor.Execute[T](Func`1 target, String errorCode, String[] values)     -
     -- End of inner exception stack trace ---   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.WCF.ServiceClientExceptionHandler.TranslateException(Exception e)   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Common.ServiceClientExceptionHandlingInterceptor.Execute[T](Func`1 target, String errorCode, String[] values)   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.Common.ServiceClientExceptionHandlingInterceptor.Execute[T](Func`1 target)   
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Administration.WCFClient.Store.PersistedDictionaryCollectionImpl.GetEnumerator()   
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.FSDictionaryManagementJobDefinition.BuildDeployDictionaries(SearchServiceApplication app)

Any thoughts on where I can find more information to resolve my problems with this WebPart?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 7:56 PM

All replies