none
How to build fully customization store provider by C# RRS feed

• Question

• We would like to build a Outlook integration applicaiton with our own production (like iManage FileSite or OpenText eDocs integration. with C#, however I cannot found out how to do it with C# (since I try to use PST, but many method limited by PST, I think because PST is default used for Mail item.

We would like to do below:-

1. New node in treelist, if we expand it, there would have our own sub-treee in list.   (without some default sub-tree in default PST.  such as trash, etc).

2. Our own item list in item explorer and our own fully customization reading panel.

When we click on item in list, which should open that item by our own method document in list (such as use MS-word to open, etc., not use method for open mail item.

3. fully customization right click menu.  (when I use VSTO, I cannot remove defautl right menu item.)

Do any one know any solution to do it?  many many thanks.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

1. New node in treelist, if we expand it, there would have our own sub-treee in list.   (without some default sub-tree in default PST.  such as trash, etc).

It looks like you are interested in building a custom store provider. In that case you need to consider using any unmanaged programming language such as C++. .Net is not supported. See MAPI and .Net for more information. 

For other items in the list a regular COM add-in which can be implemented in C# (VSTO) is enough. See Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-In for Outlook .

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

you mentioned, we can use regular COM add-in which can be implemented in C# (VSTO).

But we found we cannot do below:-

1. Open list item by our own method, e.g. MS-Word.

2. Remove default right-click menu items.

3. many feature limited with PST.

Do you have any sample code to let us to more easy to understand how to build a outlook add-in samiler to MSCRM outlook client??

Thank you.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:01 AM
  • Hi timactive,

>> Do you have any sample code to let us to more easy to understand how to build a outlook add-in samiler to MSCRM outlook client??

I made a research about MSCRM, and I think it is developed with Outlook add-ins instead of VSTO outlook add-in.

For information about Outlook add-ins, you could refer the link below:
    # Outlook add-ins
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp161135.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 7, 2016 6:53 AM