none
No way to resolve conflict between - Choosing arbitrarily in the output window RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am getting the below error in the output window while compiling my solution in VS2010

"No way to resolve conflict between  "DLL Name"

Version=12.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0aeebd44b25fed1b" and "DLL Name, Version=11.308.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null". Choosing "PhoenixInterface, Version=12.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0aeebd44b25fed1b" arbitrarily.”

There no direct reference for the DLL is done the currently build solution.  

Use case:

Project AXX is refereeing to DLL name XXX

Project BXX is referring DLL AXX. While building solution BXX I am getting error as "No way to resolve conflict for XXX"

Please help

• Moved by Ego Jiang Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:28 AM it is a clr issue (From:MSBuild)
    Monday, July 9, 2012 10:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vigi,

Your issue is more related to CLR, I'm moving this thread to Common language runtime forum for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:26 AM
  • I believe BXX also refers XXX of other version. Or BXX referes some other DLL which in-turn uses XXX of different version.

Run some tool like dependency walker to check all referenced dlls of BXX and you might find the root cause.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:52 AM
  • Hi vigi,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Did you check this similar thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/clr/thread/0be68f1b-594e-4286-a84f-0c98b642c213 ?

If not, please take a look at erYang's post, I think you can get some ideas, as well as Rudedog2.

Here is a workaround posted by erYang:

the workaround here is: put the two versions of D.dll into GAC, and then A.exe will work, both B.dll and C.dll can use correct version of their dependency, the output of A.exe is:

in ClassB's Run

In ClassD's Test method, version is 1.0.0.0

D, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=add4889778bf1b1c

in ClassC's Run

In ClassD's Test method, version is 2.0.0.0

D, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=add4889778bf1b1c

You can download the demo solution from here.

And this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9828216/how-to-fix-no-way-to-resolve-conflict-between-error?lq=1 

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:00 AM