none
sys.availability_databases_cluster Books Online RRS feed

• Question

• All,

We have two nodes - NJSQLREPL05 that is a Primary Replica for one Availability Group (AG1 – ACCT Instance) and a Secondary Replica for another Availability Group (AG2 – INSUR Instance); and NJSQLREPL04 that is a Primary Replica for one Availability Group (AG2 – INSUR Instance) and a Secondary Replica for another Availability Group (AG1 – ACCT Instance).

NJSQLREPL05\ACCT (Primary)

NJSQLREPL05\INSUR (Secondary for INSUR)

NJSQLREPL04\INSUR (Primary)

NJSQLREPL04\ACCT (Secondary for ACCT)

On NJSQLREPL05\ACCT (Primary), When I run the sql “SELECT * FROM sys.availability_databases_cluster”, I see databases pertaining to both the instances (NJSQLREPL05\ACCT and NJSQLREPL05\INSUR) but the below from Books Online mentions databases pertaining to that instance only - NJSQLREPL05\ACCT.

Am I missing something?

As per the Books Online documentation for sys.availability_databases_cluster,

<<Contains one row for each availability database on the instance of SQL Server that is hosting an availability replica for any Always On availability group in the Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) cluster, regardless of whether the local copy database has been joined to the availability group yet.>>

Thanks,

grajee

• Edited by grajee Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:37 PM updated Instance info
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi grajee,

Actually, as mentioned in the official document, it should only return the rows of databases on this instance. 

Which version of SQL Server did you use? Have you checked the Always-on monitor?

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:26 AM