none
Find RRS feed

• Question

• Would it be possible to put a Find capability into the IDE?  It would sure make it a lot easier to find things we currently just scroll through the code and look for. 

I really like Small Basic.  Reminds me of when I used to try to write basic on the Radio Shack color computer.  The advantage of Small Basic is the ease of using the graphics.  Keep up the good work.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 5:12 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• Absolutely, CodingCat.  I appreciate your vision of keeping the interface simple and clean.  I strongly believe in that too.  We'll come up with a good way of invoking Find without having to clutter the UI.
    • Proposed as answer by Davey-Wavey Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by gungan37Editor Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:46 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:09 PM

All replies

• Added as a feature request for v0.4
    Friday, February 13, 2009 6:39 PM
  • I'm going to add this as a follow up request for any suggested changes to the interface; so let me apologize in advance for being redundant.

Can we keep the button bar as clean and as simple as possible? I would love a find and replace system as well; but The fact that there is one very obvious primary button and only ten secondary buttons is half the reason why this system is so successful with my students.

-CodingCat
    Friday, February 13, 2009 6:53 PM
    Answerer
  • Absolutely, CodingCat.  I appreciate your vision of keeping the interface simple and clean.  I strongly believe in that too.  We'll come up with a good way of invoking Find without having to clutter the UI.
    • Proposed as answer by Davey-Wavey Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by gungan37Editor Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:46 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:09 PM
  • Assuming Find would come with Replace also? ;) 
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 4:18 PM
  • As Vijaye mentioned, he did in fact add a "find" feature, at least as of version 0.6.  Simply right-click anywhere in the relevant editor window, and you'll see a context menu with the selections; "Cut", "Copy", "Paste", "Find", and ( my personal favorite! ) "Format Program".  Naturally, you'll want to select "Find", at which point a dialog box opens, asking what text to search for.  One nice feature of this search function is that the search text remains the same until you change it, so you can repeat your last "find", without re-entering your search text.  Well done, Vijaye!
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:48 AM