Mutiple user profiles on windows 8 tablet

Question

• Can we have multiple user profiles on tablet. These can be thin profiles with shared internet cache.

Currently I am concerned about my work/personal email being read by somebody else in my family or a guest or same with facebook/twitter etc.

Currently because of this limitation I don't think tablets will ever replace my desktop, and tablets cannot be personal devices as they are not affordable for everyone to have one or to carry it around like your phone.

Please think about this feature.

If you need more details let me know.

Thanks
    Vijay

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:24 PM

Answers

• On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 20:24:31 +0000, vijay_c wrote:

Can we have multiple user profiles on tablet. These can be thin profiles with shared internet cache.

Currently I am concerned about my work/personal email being read by somebody else in my family or a guest?or same with facebook/twitter etc.

Currently because of this limitation I don't think tablets will ever replace my desktop, and tablets cannot be personal devices as they are not affordable for everyone to have one or to carry it around like your phone.

What limitation are you referring to? Just as with previous versions of
    Windows, you can create multiple accounts, each with its own profile, in
    Windows 8, regardless of whether you're using it on a tablet or a PC.

I'm not sure I understand what your concern is here.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Every program is a part of some other program, and rarely fits.

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:27 PM

All replies

• On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 20:24:31 +0000, vijay_c wrote:

Can we have multiple user profiles on tablet. These can be thin profiles with shared internet cache.

Currently I am concerned about my work/personal email being read by somebody else in my family or a guest?or same with facebook/twitter etc.

What limitation are you referring to? Just as with previous versions of
    Windows, you can create multiple accounts, each with its own profile, in
    Windows 8, regardless of whether you're using it on a tablet or a PC.

I'm not sure I understand what your concern is here.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Every program is a part of some other program, and rarely fits.

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer.

With the current tablets like the Ipad, the Android or the Webos you cannot create user profiles like you do on desktops.

I wanted to know if windows 8 tablets will have this ability and I am glad it does.

And I hope it will also have fast user switching and user roles like normal user, power user and administrator.

Thanks
    Vijay

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:33 PM