[UWP].NetCore ARM compilator cannot compile the app RRS feed

• Question

• When i trying to compile my UWP app as .Net Native in ARM mode i see next things:

ilc compiler takes memory till ~2gb then nutc_driver started and takes ~3gb memory, then

they both are halted and i see in debug output

Error ILT0005: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\.NetNative\ARM\ilc\Tools\nutc_driver.exe @"C:\Projects\Home\smallte.ch\Repositories\uwp\Flashlight\Flashlight_Pro\obj\ARM\Debug .NET Native\ilc\intermediate\MDIL\Flashlight_Pro.rsp"' returned exit code 1

and

Error Out of Memory Flashlight_Pro C:\Projects\Home\smallte.ch\Repositories\uwp\Flashlight\Flashlight_Pro\STARTPROCESSTASK

It happens with arm version only, x86 and x64 version compiles fine

Do you have any timeframes for fixing this?

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:13 AM

Answers

• Well...

1) recreating solution not help. Same OOM error.

2) I compiled project using next trick: 

-remove half of class libraries from app's references and commented code used them. Compiles app.

-restored all references and uncommented the code. Compile the app again. And this way works, app was succesfully compiled. Seems compiler reused previosly compiled binary files in next iteration.

What i should say that .net native x86/x64 compilers are good, but arm version need more work.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Ingerdev,

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags

Firstly, I would suggest you could check if this is an environment related issue:
    a. Compile the app created by your machine on another machine to see if it works, this would help narrow down this issue
    b. If it could work on another machine, this issue could be caused by your machine environment, so do a reinstall/repair with your installed Visual Studio to check if you could build the app with the native complier.

Secondary, to check if the project itself causes this exception, just create a blank windows 10 UWP app to see if it works. If this new approach could work fine, I suggest you create a new windows 10 UWP app, and copy code and resource from the old app to the new one.

Best Regards,

guang9Bear

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:24 AM
  • Well...

1) recreating solution not help. Same OOM error.

2) I compiled project using next trick: 

-remove half of class libraries from app's references and commented code used them. Compiles app.

-restored all references and uncommented the code. Compile the app again. And this way works, app was succesfully compiled. Seems compiler reused previosly compiled binary files in next iteration.

What i should say that .net native x86/x64 compilers are good, but arm version need more work.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:37 PM