none
Replace data connection for PivotTable with another connection already in workbook? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Excel Workbook with several tabs and on each tab a pivot table with a data connection back to SSAS Tabular.

All the tabs except for one are using the same data connection.

Sadly, the most recently added tab (which has a fair amount of formatting work done to the Pivot Chart) is using a connection to a dev data source.

I wanted to just repoint it to the 2nd data source that all the other tabs are using.

I could update the connection in the data source, but I would really like to only have a single data connection for all tabs.

Is there anyway to drop the data connection and force the Pivot chart/table to use the 2nd data connection that all the rest are using?

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nevermind, found what I was after!

Have to select the pivot chart/table then go to :

PivotChart Tools-> Analyze -> Change Data Source (tricky that last bit!)  ;)

Anyway, that is for Excel 2016 and I think 2013 also.

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue was fixed. If you have any problem using Excel, you can ask a question from Excel IT Pro Discussions forum.

If you have any developing issues involve Excel, please feel free to reopen a new thread.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:13 AM