none
Connect BizTalk Server Configuration with Sql Azure - version 2013 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My data resides on Sql Azure. I need to create BizTalkRuleEngineDb on Sql Azure using Microsoft BizTalk Server Configuration wizard. Subsequently manage rules from Business Rule Composer.

I am unable to connect to Sql Azure from BizTalk Server Configuration application. Without this i could not create BizTalkRuleEngineDb on Sql Azure. I gave the following details:

Database server name: <servername>.database.windows.net,1433

User name: <username>

Password: <pwd>

When i click configure button, a message pops "The database server you specified cannot be reached...."

All i need from BizTalk is to create Business Rules Engine DB on Sql Azure. Then I would like to manage rules using Business Rule Composer connecting to Sql Azure BizTalkRuleEngineDb.<o:p></o:p>

My business logic will programmatically access BizTalkRuleEngineDb db and execute rules using Microsoft.RuleEngine.dll<o:p></o:p>

Is this a feasible solution? I would like to see your inputs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tushar

• Edited by tusharm_99 Monday, April 6, 2015 10:16 PM
    Monday, April 6, 2015 9:41 PM

Answers

• Sql Azure isn't supported, you only can use SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj248697.aspx
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• First I would suggest you to perform sanity check to confirm if SQL server connectivity is perfect.

1) Verify the MSDTC Settings on both the servers:- It should resemble as below.

2) UDL Test:- Create a new "Text Document"(new notepad file) rename it to ABC.udl, double click and give the SQL server details and Test connection. If this fails it means BizTalk is not at all able to connect with SQL and in this case BizTalk Application is just a victim of Network connectivity issue.

You can also refer the below article-

Resolving the issues you may face during BizTalk Runtime Configuration

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Sql Azure isn't supported, you only can use SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj248697.aspx
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:38 PM
  • What you're describing cannot work, sorry.

Can you describe exactly what you're trying to accomplish?  There's likely a better or at least workable solution that's close.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:53 PM