how to deploy web api without Azure RRS feed

• Question

• User-1556678718 posted

Hi,

I have a web.api application and I need to host it in the cloud. I have a server win2012 in the cloud. I have installed the application in IIS in default web site.  Can I get somewhere good tutorial what i need to do to deploy web api application? what should I do? Sadly I shouldn't use Azure. Please advice

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:35 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

all I got Its just a windows server with database, nothing else

Then why do you call it a cloud hosting?

Ask the team responsible for the server if they've set up an application in IIS for you and that you can make use of webdeploy in Visual Studio. For the database, either generate your script from Entity Framework code migrations (if you happen to be using that), or create all tables etc from scratch in SQL Management Studio in the database directly (you can also make use of a Visual Studio version that supports it).

Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:30 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

if you're not using Azure, which "cloud" are you making use of then? If you have a "cloud" host then likely they'll also have a FAQ or tutorials on their site to get you going or contact their helpdesk.

Likely it's just a webdeploy you need/want and you should get the credentials and place to publish from your "cloud" host.

Kris.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:38 AM
  • User-1556678718 posted

hi, all I got Its just a windows server with database, nothing else

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:03 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

all I got Its just a windows server with database, nothing else

Then why do you call it a cloud hosting?

Ask the team responsible for the server if they've set up an application in IIS for you and that you can make use of webdeploy in Visual Studio. For the database, either generate your script from Entity Framework code migrations (if you happen to be using that), or create all tables etc from scratch in SQL Management Studio in the database directly (you can also make use of a Visual Studio version that supports it).

Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:30 AM
  • User-1556678718 posted

I used visual studio to publish it Thanks https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465337(v=vs.110).aspx

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:34 AM