none
How to close USB window automatically after USB stick is unplugged RRS feed

• Question

• I just can not find any answer online......

I have a WCE7 device in developing. The USB storage driver works fine. But I have a small problem regarding the USB storage folder.

After I navigate into the USB stick folder, for example 'USBDisk', I unplug USB stick, the content inside 'USBDisk' window disappears after about 4 seconds. But this blank windows stays there for ever. Next time, when I plug in the same USB stick again. This 'USBDisk' does not show the content. Clicking the refresh button in toolbar also does not help. I have to open 'My Device' and click into 'USBDisk' folder again to see the content. And now there are two USBDisk window, one blank, the other with content...

I saw some other WINCE device is able to close this 'USBDisk' window automatically shortly after USB stick is unplugged. Is it achieved by some registry settings or something else?

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:16 AM

All replies

• I believe you'd have to build a customized version of Explorer to accomplish your goal. You could detect disconnect of USB devices and automatically close the window. Or you could keep it open and detect reconnect and update the window. There are previous forum and newsgroup posts covering the process of cloning and modifying public components: Try a search on:

"windows ce" clone modify explorer.exe

Paul T.

• Proposed as answer by Paul G. Tobey Friday, July 12, 2013 3:01 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:29 PM
  • Thank you. I will try that out and update what I get.
    Friday, July 12, 2013 7:11 AM