none
Installing package via NuGet turns VS into a notepad

Question

• I used NuGet to install rmt_curl package. After it was done and I reopened the source code file, I noticed that it no longer highlights language specific types and variables (doing C++). Almost entire text is just white except the basic stuff like for, else etc. It also doesn't offer auto-complete for methods and variables during typing. The problem goes away after I've removed rmt_curl entirely.

What could be the issue here and how do I fix it?

Sunday, December 06, 2015 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hi! Thanks for your reply, I was starting to loose hope already

I guess I should have started with by trying other packages. I took two random ones and they had no negative effect whatsoever.

However, the rmt_curl package offered me an update which I did not notice before (maybe because I just recently updated to Update 1?) and after applying all the updates for all 4 items the highlighting and auto-complete work properly again.

Thanks for your time!

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Arcticold,

I've installed the rmt_curl via the Nuget package manage console within a C++ project and I cannot reproduce the problem you are facing. My environment is VS2015 Update 1.

After install, I can still use the highlights also the auto-complete. See my screenshot:

Could you make the Nuget work by install other packages? If not I guess something wrong with the Nuget Package Manager and you need fix it.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 9:13 AM
  • Hi! Thanks for your reply, I was starting to loose hope already

I guess I should have started with by trying other packages. I took two random ones and they had no negative effect whatsoever.

However, the rmt_curl package offered me an update which I did not notice before (maybe because I just recently updated to Update 1?) and after applying all the updates for all 4 items the highlighting and auto-complete work properly again.

Thanks for your time!

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Glad to know that it works well now, Arcticold:)

Thanks for sharing your solution here, if possible, could you mark your reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case for you.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 11:59 AM