Access Camera Roll on a Windows Phone 8 device

Question

• Hi all

What's best/savest way to locate the Camera Roll on an USB connected Windows Phone 8 device?

I already wrote some (truely nasty) code to connect to my Lumia device (working fine):

DeviceInformationCollection     diColl;
    DeviceInformation               deviceInfo;
    StorageFolder                   myLumia;

diColl = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(DeviceClass.PortableStorageDevice);

if (diColl.Count == 0)
    {
         return;
    }

deviceInfo = diColl[0];
    myLumia = StorageDevice.FromId(deviceInfo.Id);

I can walk through the all folders of my device that way. But it feels wrong to go through every folder (starting from the root "myLumia") till I find a folder called "Camera Roll". Are there no static variables like "WindowsPhone.KnownFolders.CameraRoll" or something similiar available to access the camera roll?

• Edited by Laomak Monday, March 03, 2014 8:30 PM Typo in titel
    Monday, March 03, 2014 8:24 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to remotely access your phone from a Windows Store app?

Or are you asking about writing a Windows Phone app (but in the wrong forum)?

Windows Phone 8 apps do have a KnownFolders.CameraRoll property to get the CameraRoll's StorageFolder.

--Rob

Monday, March 03, 2014 9:14 PM
    Owner
  • Yes I try to remote access my Windows Phone from a Windows Store App.

My goal: I like to write a Store App that copies the RAW/highres images from my Lumia 1020 to my local folder and delete them on the Phone after copying. The image files are very big (~50MB/RAW image) and the regular Windows Phone Sync didn't offers me an option like this.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:32 AM