Cascaded DropDowns - Copying between lists RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

Built a workflow using SP Designer which copies every field from source list to destination list, it works fine in that aspect, but it isn't copying cascaded dropdown lists.

Workflow action I used copy from source list to destination list.

Let say I have columns for names age year and cascaded drop downs, by using workflow I could only see Name age and year in destination list. No sign of Cascaded drop downs. Any suggestion to get around that issue. Suggestions are highly appreciated

Regards

SP.D

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi SP.D ,

Please provide more detailed information about you problem .

·         What edition of SharePoint(SP) do you use ? SharePoint 2007 or 2010 ? In  SharePoint 2007 there are no default cascaded drop down columns .

·         If you are using SP2007,have add some JavaScript into your pages to realize the cascaded drop down columns ? If  so  ,I suggest doing the following :

1.       Save the source list as template .

2.       Create the destination list based on the source list template. Then start the workflow again to copy items from source list to destination list .

·         If you use SP2010,please move this question to  the SP2010 forum  for help .

If you have any more questions ,please feel free to ask.

Thanks ,

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi SP.D ,

Please provide more detailed information about you problem .

·         What edition of SharePoint(SP) do you use ? SharePoint 2007 or 2010 ? In  SharePoint 2007 there are no default cascaded drop down columns .

·         If you are using SP2007,have add some JavaScript into your pages to realize the cascaded drop down columns ? If  so  ,I suggest doing the following :

1.       Save the source list as template .

2.       Create the destination list based on the source list template. Then start the workflow again to copy items from source list to destination list .

·         If you use SP2010,please move this question to  the SP2010 forum  for help .

If you have any more questions ,please feel free to ask.

Thanks ,

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:58 AM
  • Thanks For the reply, I am working on the 2007 edition, my work place have default cascaded drop downs. Could you explain the process in detail please.

Regards

SP.D

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:23 PM