Set password for Access Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone ,

i have created normal access database , but now i want to add password to this database 

what query i can use for this process

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Mahmoud Younis,

please visit link below in which one suggestion  is related to your issue.

how to change ms access database password in c#?

change password in asp.net,c#,ms-access databaseDisclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 4:25 AM

All replies

• Go to the backstage page and press the Encrypt with Password button:

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:31 AM
  • thanks for your replay but like i said above i want to do it with sql query not GUI 
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

you can't. There is no SQL command to set the password. It can only be done by GUI or code.

The only "trick" I can think of would be to call a VBA function that sets the password in a kind of "dummy" SQL statement.

cu
    Karl
    Access FAQ (de/it): donkarl.com
    Access Lobby: AccessDevelopers.org

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:42 AM
  • can i do it with c# code ?
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:21 AM
  • Hi Mahmoud Younis,

change password in asp.net,c#,ms-access databaseDisclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 4:25 AM
  • Hi Mahmoud Younis,

Regards

Deepak

thanks alot this code done the Job
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:26 AM