none
Is there a way to trace click once application RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to build a WPF click once application and going to host it on a server, then will install it to 10 client. May I know is there any way to trace the client version from server level? Example, today I had updated server version to 1.15, but i am unable to know when or had the client update to latest version 1.15. Thanks.
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The version of ClickOnce application is set manually when the software is published. It is not affected by the server version.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

Yes, understand the version is set manually, my question is to trace whether the client had update the software or not, because if client is in offline mode, they will not be able to received latest update.

Thanks.

Friday, November 1, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Hi,

You can use the option "Updates..." to check if there is an updated version. Also, you can use the following code to get current version.

ApplicationDeployment.CurrentDeployment.CurrentVersion.ToString();

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 1:29 AM