ToggleSwitch from VS2013 U3 doesn't work on Win10?

Question

• Hi, dear all,

I found that ToggleSwitch couldn't work on Win10: its value couldn't be changed by toggling the switch. I am trying it with VS2013 U3 and Win8.1 U1(also including the latest updates).

However, this control works fine in the internal apps from Win10, such as "Weather".

I am downloading VS2014 to have a try. But before that, would you please give me any hint?

Thank you very much!

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:32 AM

Answers

• Microsoft themselves are stating that the Technical Preview has not yet undergone compatibility testing, so issues like this one are to be expected.

As for different behavior in built-in Apps. Most of the Apps that come with the OS are built using the HTML5/JavaScript App Type so I guess using the other rendering engine is the underlying reason for the different behavior right now.

• Marked as answer by B0L Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:35 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:18 AM
  • Please don't double post.

Please do file bugs you find in Windows 10 via the feedback tool.

The ToggleSwitch is part of the OS, not part of Visual Studio, so the Visual Studio version shouldn't be directly relevant.

As noted, the Weather app may be using a different control. It's also possible you have a bug in your code. You haven't provided enough information for a useful bug report: how are you calling the ToggleSwitch? What are the exact repro steps? What is the expected behaviour and how does the actual behaviour differ from it.

If you'd like help with your code then please provide more details.

--Rob

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:45 PM
  • I've made a test on VS2014 pro CTP4 on Win10. The bug still exists. I've posted a separate thread here for this different version:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/c2080785-6211-4505-9d28-2ca4411735b8/toggleswitch-from-vs2014-ctp4-professional-doesnt-work-on-win10?forum=winappswithnativecode

I think it should be an issue that needs to be corrected for VS2013.

The most confusing thing is that: the built-in app "Weather" has no such issue.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by B0L Monday, October 20, 2014 6:13 AM
    • Edited by B0L Monday, October 20, 2014 6:45 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 6:13 AM

All replies

• maybe just a bug in win10? its a preview so there can be issues

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Yeah, it should be a bug. But the internal app "Weather" has no such bug...

As I am still downloading the VS2014, I could only get its running result for ToggleSwitch later...

Thanks.

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Hi, dear all,

I've posted a thread here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/0aede99d-6f95-4761-b2ea-4da34a024266/toggleswitch-from-vs2013-u3-doesnt-work-on-win10?forum=winappswithnativecode#783715bb-d97c-4983-ad73-a253c7d40cff

Our app is built with VS2013 U3, but the ToggleSwitch doesn't work when it is installed on Win10 (with latest updates). I've downloaded VS2014 pro CTP4 and build a very simple example to test this control, it still doesn't work: it couldn't be toggled to on or off.

I think it should be a bug. However, the built-in apps, such "Weather", has no such bug for its ToggleSwitch.

I am not sure whether Win10 or VS2014 has brought new source code change or any blackbox for us which caused this issue.

Could anybody confirm this?

Monday, October 20, 2014 1:37 AM
  • I've made a test on VS2014 pro CTP4 on Win10. The bug still exists. I've posted a separate thread here for this different version:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/c2080785-6211-4505-9d28-2ca4411735b8/toggleswitch-from-vs2014-ctp4-professional-doesnt-work-on-win10?forum=winappswithnativecode

I think it should be an issue that needs to be corrected for VS2013.

The most confusing thing is that: the built-in app "Weather" has no such issue.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by B0L Monday, October 20, 2014 6:13 AM
    • Edited by B0L Monday, October 20, 2014 6:45 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 6:13 AM
  • Hi BOL,

Visual studio 2014 and win10 are not supported yet since now. I would recommend you post your feedback with the Windows 10 Feedback Tool

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:12 AM
  • Hi, Herro,

Thank you very much for the reply.

It should be a bug of the current released Win10. Would you please help forward the info to the corresponding DEV team?

Thanks.

• Edited by B0L Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:21 AM
  • Hi BOL,

Yes. I am trying to send this feedback to our product term. Thank you for your Involvement.

Have a good day.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:56 AM
  • Hi, Herro, really appreciate your work!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:40 AM
  • Microsoft themselves are stating that the Technical Preview has not yet undergone compatibility testing, so issues like this one are to be expected.

As for different behavior in built-in Apps. Most of the Apps that come with the OS are built using the HTML5/JavaScript App Type so I guess using the other rendering engine is the underlying reason for the different behavior right now.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:18 AM
  • Please don't double post.

Please do file bugs you find in Windows 10 via the feedback tool.

The ToggleSwitch is part of the OS, not part of Visual Studio, so the Visual Studio version shouldn't be directly relevant.

As noted, the Weather app may be using a different control. It's also possible you have a bug in your code. You haven't provided enough information for a useful bug report: how are you calling the ToggleSwitch? What are the exact repro steps? What is the expected behaviour and how does the actual behaviour differ from it.

If you'd like help with your code then please provide more details.

--Rob

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Hi, Rob,

Thanks for the reply. The repro steps are very simple(I've stated before): Just setting up an example from VS2013 U3 or VS2014 CTP4 on Win10(Blank or Grid or other types of Xaml projects are all OK) and using a ToggleSwitch control in it, build it and run. You will see that the toggling the ToggleSwitch control has such bug.

Would you please help provide the feedback tool? Thank you very much...
    • Edited by B0L Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:50 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:01 AM
  • You haven't provided enough information for a useful bug report: how are you calling the ToggleSwitch? What are the exact repro steps? What is the expected behaviour and how does the actual behaviour differ from it.

You should have the Feedback Tool in your Windows 10 Preview install. Try searching on "feedback".

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:42 AM
  • Hi, Rob, thanks for the info. I will try the "feedback". Thanks!
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:35 AM