none
Step while using program

Question

• I am wondering about if its possible to use the program i made and at the same time use the step function in Visual Studio
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi RexTheCapt,

>>I am wondering about if its possible to use the program i made and at the same time use the step function in Visual Studio

Did you mean you want to step into the code when the program is runing?

As far as I know, it will start to debug your program once you use the Step function. And you can't use other program in the same time in your Visual Studio.

If I misunderstood your issue, please feel free to let me know. Also if possible, please tell us some more about your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 01, 2016 2:23 AM

All replies

• I am wondering about if its possible to use the program i made and at the same time use the step function in Visual Studio

Hi,

what do you mean with step function??? The step function for me is a function like the heavyside function and has no relation to VS afaik.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaviside_step_function

Do you - perhaps - mean the Stop button in VS or do you mean to attach a debugger and then step through the code?

Regards,

Thorsten

Friday, July 29, 2016 12:11 AM

Hi,

what do you mean with step function??? The step function for me is a function like the heavyside function and has no relation to VS afaik.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaviside_step_function

Do you - perhaps - mean the Stop button in VS or do you mean to attach a debugger and then step through the code?

Regards,

Thorsten

Its the function that is connected default to F11

• Edited by RexTheCapt Friday, July 29, 2016 12:36 AM added quote
    Friday, July 29, 2016 12:35 AM
  • Hi RexTheCapt,

>>I am wondering about if its possible to use the program i made and at the same time use the step function in Visual Studio

Did you mean you want to step into the code when the program is runing?

As far as I know, it will start to debug your program once you use the Step function. And you can't use other program in the same time in your Visual Studio.

If I misunderstood your issue, please feel free to let me know. Also if possible, please tell us some more about your requirement.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, August 01, 2016 2:23 AM