Fault Module Name:_Webber.dll RRS feed

• Question

• As soon as I open a page in my web folder, ME 4 crashes out with the following error. Any help to locate the issue would be very helpful.

Here are the crashes info.

Produces 2 event errors:

#1 =This is event 1000 Application error

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: ExpressionWeb.exe
      Application Version: 4.0.1303.0
      Application Timestamp: 4e117236
      Fault Module Name: Webber.dll
      Fault Module Version: 4.0.1303.0
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4e1171fe
      Exception Code: c0000005
      Exception Offset: 000931bb
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional Information 1: 0a9e
      Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3: 0a9e
      Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#2 =This is event 1026  .net runtime

Application: ExpressionWeb.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    Stack:
       at <Module>.CMsoControls.FClickID(CMsoControls*, Int32, Int32)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Webber.WebberControlHelper.ExecuteCommand(Microsoft.Expression.Web.Webber.CommandId, Microsoft.Expression.Web.Webber.CommandRouting)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.WebberHosting.WebberCommand.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Expression.Framework.Commands.CommandTarget.Execute(System.String, Microsoft.Expression.Framework.Commands.CommandInvocationSource)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Framework.Commands.CommandService.Execute(System.String, Microsoft.Expression.Framework.Commands.CommandInvocationSource)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.XWebApplication.MainWindowHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Shared.NativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Shared.WindowVisibilitySuppressor.WindowProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at <Module>.CWebberApp.MessageLoop(CWebberApp*)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.XWebApplication.MainWindowHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Shared.NativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Shared.WindowVisibilitySuppressor.WindowProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run()
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Application.MainHelper(System.Windows.SplashScreen)
       at Microsoft.Expression.Web.Application.Main()

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:02 PM

Answers

• I want to report this problem is now fixed. I managed to uninstall Microsoft Expressions Web and reinstall it and it has corrected the problems so far. I was able to publish pages to my site completely without a problem. I will consider this thread finished.

Thank You to everyone who responded to my request.

• Marked as answer by Bradmph Friday, November 16, 2012 1:56 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:54 AM

All replies

• Don't open that page.

;-)

No, seriously. We have had several instances, some in just the last few weeks, where problems with a particular page caused EW to crash. For example, one page included itself, leading to an infinite regression which ate up allocated memory and bombed EW.

If you mean, "As soon as I open any page in my web folder...", well, that's a problem. We have had a case where just opening the site containing a bad page crashed EW, but if you can open the site, but none of the pages within, that's a different kettle of fish. Is that the case?

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Well, I have not checked the server part of the site until now. It will not even open for me with out an error. I was initially opening pages on my system to make changes and such and then publish them up to server site. When WE opens, it does open a blank page and I have tried to paste html code into that page to see if it would not crash out the program, but it did. These errors started after the Windows Updates installed last night Nov 13th. There was maybe 17 downloads and installs that were done. Rephrase that sentence...I am pretty sure these errors began after the updates since i have not done any publishing for a week or so before the updates.
    Also it does not matter what page I open, it produces the same outcome, crash then it shuts oof and returns to desktop

Win 7  64 bit and well maintained

• Edited by Bradmph Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:27 PM update text
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:24 PM
  • That is helpful additional data. Yours is not the first case where a Windows update has cause crashing to occur. In other cases, the user has been able to use System Restore to roll back to a date prior to the update that caused the issue. You will want to try that first.

If that works, then I'm afraid we're at the limits of what we can do here. As you will learn when you read the Forum FAQs and Guidelines - Start Here, we are not MS employees, simply other users of EW, volunteers who attempt to aid others in the use of EW, and with issues of HTML and CSS. We have no access to technical or engineering documentation that would be needed to try to address this issue. You will need to report the issue to Microsoft at Connect. Sorry.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:28 PM
  • Can't help  but since I installed those same updates earlier today (and my machine seems to be running slower since or at least the monitor is not responding to keystrokes and mouse clicks immediately, sigh) I thought I'd do  a little test and uploaded http://wizerways.net/wizerways/html5/ Something I put together a little while back for a presentation to a local user group.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:18 PM
  • ???

Interesting and informative presentation (although the "Demos" and "Resources" menu items point to the same "Demos" page). However, what does it have to do with this thread?? Just curious...

cheers,
    scott

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:36 PM
  • I want to report this problem is now fixed. I managed to uninstall Microsoft Expressions Web and reinstall it and it has corrected the problems so far. I was able to publish pages to my site completely without a problem. I will consider this thread finished.

Thank You to everyone who responded to my request.

• Marked as answer by Bradmph Friday, November 16, 2012 1:56 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:54 AM
  • Wow! Interesting. This may be the first reported instance in which uninstalling and reinstalling EW actually had any effect. Congratulations!  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:51 AM