Host 10 ASP.NET websites still free? RRS feed

• Question

• User531907912 posted

Hello everyone,

When I come to asp.net website, the banner on the very first page says "Host 10 ASP.NET websites free". 

But when I click to "Try it now", it gives me the page where I will get $210 Windows Azure Credit. I am not sure after I signup, will I get $210 credit with 1 month trial or being able to host free 10 websites?

and also I would like to ask some questions:

- does it need to give the credit card number if I just wanna register for trial?

- The 10 free websites, will it include a SQL server (express or else)?

Thank you very much

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 5:45 PM

Answers

• User1985864055 posted

The 10 web sites are free -- see the pricing calculator at http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/

You can also now get a SQL database free.

Other services are not free except you get an allowance for using them without any charge to you during the trial period.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:46 PM

All replies

• User-1635195291 posted

Hi knottano,

Yes you will have to provide credit card details fpr sure but you dont need to worry as you would not be charged for first three months. If you carry on to use the services after 3 months then only you will be charged.

Yes, you will get SQL Server for free services.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jatin

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:16 PM
  • User281315223 posted

This hosting service will require you to use a Credit Card (simply for verification and security purposes) but you shouldn't be charged until after the trial period has expired.

You should also be prompted prior to any charges that will be made to your card. The Azure environment is quite friendly and Scott Hanselman has spoken several times about its ease of use and how safe it is to use for trial purposes (noting the everpresent warning before any charges would be made).

SQL Server should be included within the package as well.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:30 PM
  • User531907912 posted

Thank you very much for the details.

I have been trying to search around how the 10 free websites hosting on azure work. I cannot find it on the azure website.

Did this offer ended already?

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:57 PM
  • User-1635195291 posted

Hi,

After you click on Try Now, You will br prompted to log on and the details will be shown then after.

And I don't think that it is stopped. It is still there for new users. I tried logging in again and message is shown to me that it is only for the new users not for the users who already used it.

Thanks,

Jatin

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:05 PM
  • User-801004448 posted

I have been trying to search around how the 10 free websites hosting on azure work. I cannot find it on the azure website.

I still see banner ads on asp.net forum about free 10 websites hosting.

Friday, July 19, 2013 10:16 PM
  • User1985864055 posted

The 10 web sites are free -- see the pricing calculator at http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/

You can also now get a SQL database free.

Other services are not free except you get an allowance for using them without any charge to you during the trial period.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:46 PM
  • User-1567482218 posted

One thing I noticed about the free Azure Web Site (acquired through MSDN subscription) is that it will be active only if you haven't exhausted your monthly quota.  If you exceed your monthly credits, all services will be disabled for that month. I found out the hard way that the 10 "free" Azure Web Sites will be disabled too if you exceed the limits of any of the feature (like Azure SQL Reporting, Storage etc) categories.

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:31 AM
  • User-1913497086 posted

what ABout the CC ...do we may Have Enough Money In it to Have Start the Trail ??

I am Having Just 10$  :-)

i tried it fails..
    Means its not free

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:21 AM