Groupings in reportviewer not producing correct results RRS feed

• Question

• User1216627406 posted

Greetings experts,

I will try to explain this the best way that I can without losing you.

We built a report using reportviewer component in asp.net and our expected results are supposed to be laid out in following format:

**Name**           **Location**             **Title**
       TestModules
        Total Questions     Total Correct       %Correct     Date TakenThese results are filtered by Location. So, an selects a location from the dropdownlist and all test takers from that location and test details are listed

Sample data:

John Doe              Location A      HR Manager
      Module One
        Total Questions: 10     Total Correct: 10   %Correct: 100%   Date Taken: 10/14/2014
      Module Two
        Total Questions: 5      Total Correct: 4  %Correct: 80%  Date Taken: 10/01/2014
       etc

After John Doe's tests details are listed, then next person and his/her test are listed.

This goes on until all test takers from a chosen location are listed.

Unfortunately, we are having difficulty grouping these results.

So far, they are listed in following incorrect format:

John Doe              Location A      HR Manager
             Module One
               Total Questions: 10     Total Correct: 10   %Correct: 100%   Date Taken: 10/14/2014

Billy Bob Location A      Analyst
            Module One
               Total Questions: 5      Total Correct: 5  %Correct: 80%  Date Taken: 10/01/2014
              etc

In my query (not attached), I am grouping by Name. Any ideas what I need to change?

Thanks a lot in advance

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:08 PM

Answers

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your requirement, I do not think the Grouping function can implement your requirement. I think you need to operate your data in the code behind, you need to loop the records and so on.

There is a document about Grouping Data in a ReportViewer Report, please refer to the link below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251700%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:46 AM