SharePoint 2013 Foundation Search Scope RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

We have SharePoint 2013 Foundation and I was wondering how we could search in a specific list of library. 

In 2010 you had a search 'this list' scope or 'this site' or 'alle sites'. 

Is this possible with SharePoint 2013 Foundation? 

Thanks in advance. 

Dennis

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• This has changed to "Results Sources" now instead of scopes. Please use this TechNet article as a reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn186229.aspx

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

I actually wanted to chime in.  In SharePoint Server 2013 they replaced search this list with a quick search feature, it is nice, the user does not have to leave the list to filter down records.

But for Foundation, they really made things worse, they took away the scope of the current list and left you with a site search.  I wish I could give you a better answer.

Rick Toner

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:10 PM
  • Rick, 

That seems to be my findings so far.  I was hoping there could be some kind of work-around to get that behavior, but so far haven't been able to find anything.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:25 PM
  • Hello All,

I am having a terrible time with List Search.  I am using a hosted site, so I have no access to Central Admin Site.  Also, I am using Foundation, so I have no dedicated list Search box.

What do I do?  What do I tell my tech support for my hosting services to do?

All I want is to simply allow users to search on the content of a list.  Without this functionality, Sharepoint really falls short and takes huge step backwards.  What is the point of having a list if you can't even do a search on the contents of the list?

Friday, January 3, 2014 7:03 PM