none
Getting older version of css file from drive mapped to Master Page Gallery

Question

• Using SharePoint 2013 On Premise.  I have a css file in the Master Page Gallery.  I have a mapped drive to the Master Page Gallery.  When browsing to the Master Page Gallery the modified timestamp says 12/21/2018 12:14 pm, version history shows this as the current published major version.  

In the File Explorer I see the same timestamp.  If I download a copy of the file from the Master Page Gallery, open it in regular Notepad I get the latest changes.  

But, if I browse to the drive I mapped to the Master Page Gallery, I see the latest timestamp.  But, if I open it in Notepad, I get an older version.  

Why is this happening??  

The css file is referenced in a page layout link.  I *might* have opened the file in SharePoint designer at some point.  Would this affect it?  

Eventually, as in the next day I think the file shows up as the current version, but I would like to be able to edit and save more than one time per day as I am in the development phase.   I also noticed issues when a co-worker placed some files in the master page gallery for me.  She was seeing a new version, I was not.  Then she started seeing the old version.  

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Friday, December 21, 2018 6:19 PM

All replies

• Its related to cache refreshes what I see..

Just  clear it via powershell and I think central admin, but here is the powershell:

$webApp = Get-SPWebApplication "<WebApplicationURL>"
    [Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingCache]::FlushBlobCache($webApp)

The setting for the time is here in the web config.

" path="\.(gif|jpg|png|css|js|swf|flv)$" maxSize="10" enabled="true" max-age="36000" />

Hope this helps...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Friday, December 21, 2018 6:41 PM
  • Thank you.  I appreciate the suggestion, but I do not have the ability to run powershell against the sharepoint server nor do I have access to central administration.  My SharePoint admin is not available right now, so I will have to wait.  Will ask her to try this when she returns. 
    Friday, December 21, 2018 8:07 PM
  • Sure Please let me know if it help.
    Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:37 AM
  • Hi ckb_,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the helpful reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:54 AM
  • Hi Sara,

I am not having the problem at this time.  So, I really cannot say if the suggestion worked or not.  

I will update this if I have the problem again and try the above mentioned solution.  

Thank you,

Caroline

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:02 PM