Windows Developer Preview Download and Install Problem

Question

• Hello;

I need help with win8 beta i'll go crazy i'm trying to install it for 3 days and finally i'm asking here please give me a solution.

Ok my problem is; 

i downloaded windows developer preview x86 with internet download manager and burned it. then i couldnt install it because it psays some files were corrupt. i burned again and again with low speed but it didnt work. than after some research i found something that maybe the manager downloads it wrong. than i tried it with ie8 but it stops downloading at %30 (like 820 mb). So i cant install it because i cant get a decent download. i tried the corrupt downloads with different methods like using usb but because of the corrupt file i couldnt install it. 

So tell me how can i get a %100 full non corrupted download of windows developer preview. 

Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:37 PM

Answers

• Download using a stable connection. verify the hash before you make a bootable USB disk .

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Try using Google Chrome for the download. Internet Explorer is so terrible that anything wrong can happen.

Then try to burn it to a USB stick (at least 4 GB size) instead of a DVD, with Win7 USB DVD tool (http://goo.gl/RzYaH), always that your computer allows booting from a USB stick (make sure before).

Make also sure in your BIOS that you set the computer to boot first from the CD/DVD, second from the USB and third from the Hard Disk Drive.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:59 PM

All replies

• Download using a stable connection. verify the hash before you make a bootable USB disk .

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Try using Google Chrome for the download. Internet Explorer is so terrible that anything wrong can happen.

Then try to burn it to a USB stick (at least 4 GB size) instead of a DVD, with Win7 USB DVD tool (http://goo.gl/RzYaH), always that your computer allows booting from a USB stick (make sure before).

Make also sure in your BIOS that you set the computer to boot first from the CD/DVD, second from the USB and third from the Hard Disk Drive.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Microsoft, please escalate this to someone in charge of the download file server.  I can confirm that this particular download (http://wdp.dlws.microsoft.com/WDPDL/9B8DFDFF736C5B1DBF956B89D8A9D4FD925DACD2/WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English-Developer.iso) is corrupted.  I tried downloading using IE, FireFox, and Chrome, from two different computers (home and work).  Each time the download completes too early (at 902,125,568 bytes) with a non-matching SHA1 hash (2ff3ac1e35c616df5b4fd028a33041eb2859ccd4).

• Proposed as answer by rwalters Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:06 AM
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:01 AM
  • try1994: try the second download, the one with just Windows Developer Preview x64, without the developer tools.  I downloaded this and verified the SHA1 hash is matching.  You can download the developer tools separately.
    • Proposed as answer by rwalters Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:11 AM
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:11 AM