Unable to suppress Excel Pivot Table subtotals when attributes nested within named set RRS feed

• Question

• I have found that when using a named set and then nesting another attribute within it, there is no way to suppress the subtotals generated for each member of the named set.  This is easy to reproduce using any OLAP source.  Using Adventure Works, I create a named set of countries, put it in the rows, nest the DeliveryDate.Calendar in the rows and select the Reseller Order Count measure.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of the subtotals.

Candy Eastman Chemical Company

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Candy,

It appears to me that the Top level total will be show automatically, we can hide the whole PivotTable's Grand Total, but we cannot hide the subtotal in the top level. It seems this is by design.

However here I still would recommend you to submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback This connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:37 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Candy,

It appears to me that the Top level total will be show automatically, we can hide the whole PivotTable's Grand Total, but we cannot hide the subtotal in the top level. It seems this is by design.

However here I still would recommend you to submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback This connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:37 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Thanks, I most definitely will do that.  I started developing a work around example for the person who is having the problem and ran into what I think is another completely different issue!  I will try to narrow that down and post if that continues.  Thanks for your help.

Candy Eastman Chemical Company

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Chnage to tabular form(Or say falttened pivot, then uncheck subtotal)

Derek

Friday, November 8, 2013 7:52 PM