none
Microsoft visual studio project running problem

Question

• I downloaded MS Visual Studio 2010 a few days ago and I just made a test project named Test. I created a c++ source file in there and I'm trying to compile a basic program so I can figure out if Microsoft Visual Studio is all set up correctly.There is no syntax error in the code so it's a waste of time showing it, but the error I'm getting is:

Unable to start program 'c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Debug\Test.exe'

The system cannot find the file specified.

Why is this happening?
    Monday, November 07, 2016 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Maheen Fatima 55,

Thank you for posting here.

This forum is discussing Team Foundation Server. Your issue is related to Visual Studio General Question. I will move this thread to corresponding forum.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Hi Maheen Fatima 55,

According to the error message, this issue caused by the Test.exe could not be found in the specific path. Please check whether the Test.exe stored in that path.

If not, please try clean your solution and rebuild it again to generate Text.exe.

If the file exist or rebuild still has this issue, I'm afraid that there has any problem on your Visual Studio 2010. I suggest you repair it to fix the installation issue.

In addition, please run your Visual Studio as administrator to make sure it has enough permissions to access any folders and files.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 8:31 AM